Career benefits … stand-out from the crowd
- Build your international network: You will make a wide variety of connections all over the world as well as improving your ability to work with, communicate and understand individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Widen your knowledge of the world: Understand different customs and traditions, which will be helpful in whatever career you choose.
- Get inspired: You might spot a product or service that isn’t offered back home which you can turn into an entrepreneurial business opportunity.
- Stand out: Employers are fascinated and impressed by students who have studied abroad. Stand out from others in a pile of CV’s and in interviews, you’ll have a lot more to say for yourself.
- Develop new skills: Improve your coping skills in unfamiliar or challenging situations, developing self-reliance, leadership and confidence which could lead to better job opportunities.
Personal benefits … become a better you
- Growth: You will become independent, mature and confident to try new things and to put yourself out there.
- Discover yourself: Realise what makes you tick, what kind of life you want to live in the future and what is really important to you
- Get out of your comfort zone: Try new food, learn a new language, make new friends, learn to ski, try kitesurfing, do a skydive, learn to scuba dive; the opportunities are endless. Now is your chance to start living a previously-unimaginable life.
- Become a Global Citizen: Be a traveller not a tourist. Embrace the most diverse regions, populations, cultures and languages; becoming a true traveller.
Academic benefits … learn more than just your Degree
- A global classroom: Become more motivated due to your new environment and the positive influences around you, inspiring you to achieve more than you ever thought you were capable of.
- Be part of the future of education (and be able to say you were the first to do it): Online learning is opening up a new world for education providers and enhancing the quality of traditional degree subjects.
- Discover the world: Greater knowledge of other cultures and enhanced understanding of the complexity, dynamics, and interdependence of world systems will open innumerable doors and possibilities to you in all areas of life.
- Volunteering works two ways: You’ll be amazed at what you will learn working with rescued animals, teaching English and helping on environmental projects.