Step 1: Register your interest
This step does not cost you anything and does not commit you to any further steps; the aim is simply to keep you informed of what is planned, and for you to be ready to join whenever you wish.
Simply click the “I’m interested” button; make sure to give us an e-mail address that you regularly monitor, and phone number.
We will come straight back to you with the travel itinerary for the first semester you have chosen, helping you to start the process of combining global travel with online learning and planning your first semester.
Step 2: Plan your online studies
Research online courses, starting at the Your Studies page. Remember your online course can be an undergraduate’s degree, top-up degree, master’s, diploma, foundation or short course. Your online course can be from any university or educational provider as well as being of any length.
Use the Study Portal to research the wide range of interesting online courses that you could take around the world.
Our team can give general advice regarding online study; however, the Universities providing the online courses will give you all the detailed information needed.
Step 3: Plan your travels
When you have decided that there is an online course which inspires you, then next step is to secure your place on your chosen Semester. Whether you are planning to start in September or January we would always suggest your first semester is our South East Asia experience.
Each travel semester will be limited in size, so it is important to reserve your place well-ahead; this can be done any time you choose with a £50 non-refundable deposit. We will send a Pay Pal link to you and once you pay your deposit your place will be secured.
At the same time, we will link you up with our flight partners STA Travel who will require a £49 deposit to secure your return flights at the best available price.
Step 4: Plan your finances
Your online course fees may be eligible for a student loan depending on your personal circumstances. This is for you to arrange with your chosen education-provider when registering for your course. Student loans cannot be used for any other aspect of your Global Grad experience.
The Global Grad team are not authorised to provide personal financial advice, but however you decide to fund your first semester you will need a budget to cover:
- Paid to Global Grad: Your £50 deposit to secure your place on your chosen Global Grad semester
- Paid to Global Grad: The balance of the Global Grad fees; this is paid 10-weeks before departure, or can be paid in four monthly instalments
- Paid to STA Travel: Your £49 deposit to secure your flights
- Paid to STA Travel: The balance for your return flights; this is paid 10-weeks before departure, and are fully ATOL protected
- The cost of your visas and travel insurance; STA Travel are available to give you advice on these things
- Personal expenditure: £1,500 to £2,000, which we suggest is held on an STA Travel Card
Step 5: Get ready to go
The Global Grad team will help you with all the preparations to ensure you are fully ready to enjoy your travels. You will be emailed a detailed ‘Get ready to travel’ booklet which covers everything from advice on vaccinations, visas, what to pack and more. You will also receive your semester itinerary booklet, as well as a checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything.
Online webinars will be held which will enable us to answer any of your questions. You will also have regular phone call and email support with the team-member allocated to you.
You will be ready to go when you have:
- Enrolled on your online course with the education provider of your choice
- Have completed the full student registration form
- Have completed payment for your flights via STA Travel
- Have completed payments to Global Grad
- Have got your travel insurance and visa’s
- Have taken advise from your doctor and taken any injections they may recommend
- Got an up to date passport
- Packed your bags and said your goodbyes